Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Giving Thanks and Black Friday...

Somehow those two words don't really go together, Thanks and Black, but that may just be a personal opinion . . .  I have so many things to be thankful for, one, living in a peaceful place, a great roof over my head, lovely neighbors, sweet animals, friends . . . food on my table every day, and plenty of it.  No turkey though as I'm a vegetarian.  My friends usually wish me Happy Tofurky Day, but to be honest, I've never had tofurky.  I am grateful for family but they don't celebrate Thanksgiving as they live overseas. 

Black Friday sounds like something dire out of history, like the Black Plague, and for some, this particular friday could be considered a hazard to your health . . . throngs, traffic, rabid shoppers, sleep deprived shoppers as the stores open at 3 am.  How nuts is that?  Anyway, I won't be joining the throngs.  I might just go for the handmade gifts.  So, if you're into handmade and you like my things at etsy or artfire, I'm offering 25% off on everything in both shops, starting Black Friday and ending at midnight on Cyber Monday.  The etsy shop takes the 25% right off the price at checkout with code blackfri51, but you'll have to convo me on artfire.

Click on the links in the sidebar to get to my shops.

HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY THANKSGIVING dear blog family!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, Maria! I hope you have a great weekend!

I think we will be staying away from the stores tomorrow, too!! :)

t said...

Hi maria, you are right thanksgiving and black friday do not sound like they go together at all.

but your shop looks devine. you have so many beautiful things in there. hope your sale goes well.

xt

Unknown said...

I hope you had a really happy Thanksgiving. I loved your post... made me laugh! I too have never done the Black Friday thing. I don't need more help from anyone making Christmas even more commercialized than it already is. Hope your sale went well.