Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Wedding and Mom...

I had a great time at my niece's wedding in Sweden.  Isabella and her sweetheart Luciano tied the knot and we all danced the night away!  She's studying to become an Opera singer and a bunch of her friends and teachers offered some GREAT music during the night.  That was really one of the highlights.  I didn't score any Opera wear, but a little black dress and an embroiders scarf.  But I got some good pictures of those who did dress up for the event.
And the cakes ... OMG!  Not one cake, but ten of them!  I gained a lot of pounds during the trip.


It rained, but they say it's lucky...

The vows... 



Cute, cute, cute...


 Opera theme, and some dressed like this!

And some like this!

Mother of the bride and one of Isabella's buddies from her music program


An entire family of Carmens!


Mother of the groom, his son, and myself..Some of us are tall....


First dance--not such a great picture, but the expression is great!


And some like this.  My other niece, Karin, her hubby, my two nephews.  She's expecting a baby at the end of December...


Obi One ...  There's actually a caftan worn in some opera.  My brother checked it out online.

 The picture says it all...
Weddings are such happy events.  I still have a few nephews to "give away." 

I spent lots of time with my mom during my two weeks away.  We had some quality time together.  She was like the Energizer bunny, and I'm pleased that she's better health-wise than she was last year.  Isn't she sweet?


Today I'm jetlagged and tired.  It's raining here in Florida, and fall is definitely coming.  The heat hasn't "broken" yet,  but it will, very soon.  The nights are cooler.  Sweden was in the sixties during the day and about 45-50 at night.  Brrr.  Back to some creativity soon!  I'm raring to go...

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Welcome home, Maria! This wedding was beautiful! I just love the way they made their day so special! It must have been a great time for everyone involved!

You have a nice looking family - and they look like they are not afraid to have fun!!

Thank you for sharing your trip and I hope you get caught up on some sleep!!

ACreativeDreamer said...

Maria... how wonderful! We had a wedding in our family this summer as well... aren't they just the most wonderful of events?

Congratulations to all of your family!

Unknown said...

Wow, what a wedding! I've never been to anything half so colorful... and your sweet Mom, so glad you had time together. She looks wonderful!