Thursday, January 21, 2010

Sea Mist...

From frost to thunderstorms...we had a mist hanging over the blue blue sea and it inspired me to dig out those trusty sea inspired charms that I like so much.  Blues, greens, turquoises, pale lavenders, and what the hey, throw in some pink as well, and you have all my fave colors.  I made one of those dangly charm bracelets that get in your way when you wear it, but as my mother used to say: you have to suffer to be beautiful.  I never bought into that though, and now I can see the fashion police coming, but Comfort is my key word when it comes to fashion.  I happily supply someone else with the bling though...  Some Swarovski clear crystals hold in the copper torch-fired enamel tubes.  I have to buy some more beads to fire!  Too many interests; I have artistic ADD.  I'm also knitting a pair of wool socks, don't ask me why.  We had 75 degrees here today...  I've been following some fabric artist blogs and now I'm tempted to dig out my huge plastic bins with fabric. They are living in the farthest reaches of my closet where only spiders live.  I used to be into fabric art big time, in one of my life times (we're talking 80s and 90s.)  The era of the leg warmers, followed by moth-eaten leg warmers.  They were comfy though.  Speaking of the 80s, I could never get the right poof in my hair, no matter how much I permed it.  Not enough there to work with.  And I never had to wear shoulder pads since I'm graced with impressive shoulders, (I'm 5'10").  Remember those jackets with massive shoulder pads?  Dynasty size pads... I used to cut them out and give them away. :)  A strange decade... but I think of it fondly.

Keep creating!



5 comments:

Narrative jewelry said...

Your new bracelet is gorgeous Maria, wonderful colours and i am really found of your copper torch-fired enamel tubes. The results your obtain with this method are just uncredible ! Bravo.

ACreativeDreamer said...

WOW, Maria....that is gorgeous! I love the colors, your inspiration shows...I can see the sea in it...I've worn charm bracelets since my best friend in high school gave me my first charm. At last count I have 16 of them that are just stuffed with charms, I love the dangle myself...but the best part of them, I found out later, my kids, when they were small could always tell where I was because they could hear the "jingle" that the bracelets made. The Little One says it is still a comforting sound for her to hear.

Amanda Makepeace said...

Love it! I love how all the pieces interact with one another.

Barbara Lewis said...

Beautiful!

Unknown said...

I like your ramblings... you should ramble more. You're a wonderful writer!
The jewelry is wonderful too!
You must have been thinking about me with those socks-- it's so cold here and my feet are always cold;)