Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Fly Free! As dragonflies do...

My latest polymer clay mosaic mirror. Love those blues and greens, with a touch of purple and pink. All my favorite colors for sure. :) The tiles are pretty labor intensive, but it's fun to see the finished product coming together. Then I had to try and take a picture that didn't have my hands and camera in the mirror.... Done that before. I've been taking the pictures without the mirror glass, but I thought I'd make an effort this time, or it'll look like a picture frame.

I've been spending a lot of time in blog land, reading other artists' blogs, and it can be very addictive. This whole networking online and all the groups and sites that I'm involved with take a lot of time. The hours add up, but I think it's important to have a presence out there so people can discover my art. (Maybe it's just an excuse to feed my addiction...??)
I find that I sell more locally than I do online.
See ya in the ethers.
Keep on creating!
xoxo
Maria



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aaahhh... a girl after my own polymer clay heart :) It's the best stuff to work with. Total creative fun!
Love the colors and the finished mirror! Happy Thursday to you Maria!

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!!! :-)
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you and I would be best buds if we lived closer to each other!
Happy Creating my dear!!!!

Hugs!

Michelle