Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Copper wire rocks!











I made a simple bracelet with copper wire and red coral beads. I just love the color combo they create. Check out the rock upon which I placed the bracelet for the photo. The rock is from Cayuga Lake in the Fingerlakes region of New York. I used to live by that lake and seemed to have a knack for finding rocks with holes in them. Ages and ages ago, there were creatures that got trapped in the forming rock and the softer part they presented got soaked away by water and time. That's the "scientific" explanation, but some believe the holes are magical. I've never had a magical experience with them, but they sure are beautiful! That's enough for me. I have a few I brought with me to Florida, where there are no REAL rocks, only soft sandstone.
Bailey was sitting on my table in my studio trying to get to this crazed bird that was pecking on my window every 20 minutes for the entire day. It's a Summer Tanager, native to Florida. I got a picture, but the quality is not good. It's been coming back now and again, pecking, pecking. I especially don't like the early morning pecking!

No comments: