Monday, June 16, 2008

I'M B-A-A-C-K....

I'm b-a-a-a-ck! Went on vacation for a couple of weeks, and I didn't remember to bring my sketch pad, but I came back inspired and ready to PAINT. I ran out of boxes to embellish with polymer clay, so I had to dust off one of my canvases and go at it. Came to discover that I have a different style all of a sudden. Well, the contents is different, and I'm excited about it. Don't have a picture today as my camera battery was low this morning and I was running out of time. I'm working on a huge canvas now 24x36, and I've been using lots of pattern in my art lately. It's hard to describe without a picture. Tomorrow, maybe? It could be the progress of a the Great Masterpiece.... Bailey yawned: yeah, right... but what does he know, he who sleeps 20 hours a day (if allowed.) I like the art of the Australian Aborigines a lot, and I thought the patterns reminded me somewhat of that art.

I went to Sweden on vacation, and nature over there is beautiful in the summer. The sun got up at about 3:30 in the morning, right in my face. Should've brought one of those eye masks... The closest I got to art was my brother's art studio. He does HUGE mixed media pieces, and I like them very much. I have to look for some pictures to post here.
Until next time, keep creating, ya hear!

Maria

No comments: