Wednesday, May 14, 2008

GOT A COMMISSION....

Got a commission for a mosaic box from my friend Vanessa. She believes in miracles, so it'll be a miracle box. Her favorite colors are purple, turquoise, and blue. She mostly wears purple dresses, REALLY frilly dresses. She's my total opposite, as I prefer jeans and tops, but we get along swimmingly! (That's what they would say in England in the old days. Vanessa is from Bath in Somerset.) Check out her website: www.giftsfromspirit.com I have known her for years.

Her box is almost done, but I don't yet have a picture to post here. Soon... I'm going to get myself into more painting again. I've been making polymer clay tiles for too long and they are addictive. It just goes on and on. On Vanessa's box I put an angel holding a star tile in the middle. It was an old pin I've used as an imprint. The star spells 'Joy' but when you imprint, it's reverse. yoJ. Though it doesn't read correctly, the pronunciation is almost the same... One of those funky little things that happen with handmade stuff. Eeeek, I should just go home. It's been a long day.

Cheerio,

Maria

No comments: