Friday, December 26, 2014

Post-Christmas blahs and other things...

Christmas is over; yet another year has almost passed, and it surprises me how fast it goes!  I have enjoyed my Christmas tree, and eaten too much food... just like any other year.  The post-hoopla is both peaceful and deflating.  Where one word is positive, the other isn't.  The blahs show up every year, but it's not a big deal.  I'm glad the craziness on the roads is pretty much over.  I spent several evenings making mosaic art.  When other people baked their cookies, I baked polymer clay mosaic tiles.  I never was a good baker, but I can whip up a mean polymer clay batch!  I made these heart plaques/frames.  The hearts are made from old plastic Christmas ornaments that I sanded, decoupaged, painted, and then embellished with words.  I still have a couple left in my stash for future inspirations! 






I bought a star cookie cutter at Michael's for a dollar and made some polymer clay stars.  I stamped the words and painted the stars.  I will hang them in the kitchen window when I get around to it.  They could make awesome Christmas ornaments, so my friends might get some next year.  It was hard to get a good picture, but you get the idea...


What are you working on?  I hope you had some time off for the holidays and that inspiration is flowing.  Please sign up for my newsletter (top right hand column) if you want more inspiration and mini tutorials.  See you next year!  Have a safe and happy New Year's celebration!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great frames, I loved how you recycled those old ornaments, actually I could never tell that it was once plastic, love how they get a shining nearly waxed look!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

LoVe your mosaic pieces!

Wow. Just wow!