Friday, July 18, 2014

Working on a freebie mixed media ebook...

I get so involved in the art making that I keep forgetting to take pictures of the process.  To make an ebook, you have to take loads of pictures.  I'm really happy with the outcome of the art piece in question.  Staying true to creating intuitively I had some funny things come up on the canvas that could not stay.  At one point I saw a face and I had to outline it.  Came out looking like a cross between the Jester and Michael Jackson.  I had used some alcohol inks and you can't really get rid of the splotches on his forehead and eye.  They bleed through everything, so I had to glue more paper over the ink to make sure they would be covered up.  Here is a teaser!




You see what I mean?  He ended up with sunglasses to cover up the creepy eyes. Lol...he will languish under all the other layers and maybe add a vibe or two to the finished piece.  Having lots of fun with this project!  What are you working on?

3 comments:

jinxxxygirl said...

Actually i was thinking Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter?...lol Anyway can't wait to see it finished..

I have several pans in the fire... some mosaic tile, painting on fabric, making coasters, painting on canvas... what ever strikes my mood for the day..:) Hugs! deb

Maria said...

Hi Deb! Good to hear from you. I will head over to your blog and see what you're up to. :)

Unknown said...

Love these colours you used (lol I think I say this on all the work you post! You always use yummy colours). Looking forward to seeing more process pictures of your art, it's really interesting to see!